What is cocoa butter?
Cocoa butter is a pale-yellow oily substance derived from cocoa beans native in South American countries. Cocoa has a variety of applications in both the cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries. The use of cocoa butter in the cosmetic industries involves the single application or combined with other ingredients like shea butter.
PropertiesCocoa butter is healthy fat composed of enormous amounts of saturated, the constituents of the oil are as follows:
|Fatty acid||Percentage (%)|
|Other Fatty Acids||0.5|
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: high concentration of caffeine in the maternal blood is greatly concerned for breastfeeding moms. Consumption of further will lead to infant suckling too much of the caffeine causing problems. Moms should take deceit from using it.
- Caffeine in cocoa may increase blood pressure in people with high blood pressure they should avoid it
- Blood sugar control in people with diabetes takin cocoa butter can be greatly affected leading to lack of control. Hence should not use this oil.
- Caffeine in cocoa might increase calcium release in the urine. Hence, people with osteoporosis should cautiously use it.
BenefitsAlthough cocoa butter is not that familiar, the chances are that you have used it, I bet. You may have consumed it, or for tropical application purposes, in other cases, the product is being used by pharmaceutical companies take advantage of the physical properties of this oil for the formulation of their products. Now let’s take some time to explore the benefits a costumed to cocoa butter
Prevents Skin Dryness and PeelingCocoa butter is an excellent product for dry skin. The product has the moisturizing effect, hence rehydrating your skin; additionally, the oil helps in healing internal damages incurred by the skin. The healing effect is mediated by the ability of saturated fats to be absorbed by your skin and entrapped for long hours mediating the healing process.
Heals Chapped LipsCocoa butter oil has gained popularity among people by healing their chapped lips. When you mixed in some essential oils like vanilla, or peppermint oil and applied to your lips, it hydrates your lips and reduces the pain experienced.
Anti-aging agentIn life stopping time is a mystery, as time goes we age, but no one ever wants to grow old. Do you? Studies have shown that you can slow down the appearance of the age symptoms. Cocoa butter has compounds called polyphenols that led in combating infections related to aging as well as reduce the adding signs hence you, and I can look young forever as we grow old.
Immunity BoostThe immune system is the primary line of defense against pathogenic infections. Weak immune systems are prone to constant attacks, is your immune system is vulnerable, and you think what to do? Look for cocoa butter, in cocoa butter the polyphenols exert antioxidant activities to various processes aimed at weakening your immune system, hence boosting your immunity.
Helps Treat Mouth SoresMouth sores offer ordeal experiences. Cocoa butter due to its moisturizing effect will aid your sores to remain less painful as they heal.
Health benefitsCocoa butter phenolic compounds have shown importance in the reduction of the inflammatory markers in atherosclerosis, hence application in food industry. Secondly, it aids in lipid metabolism consequently reduced cardiovascular infections.
- Consumption of cocoa is probably safe for many people, but due to its high content of caffeine and related chemicals. Huge amounts may cause caffeine accustomed symptoms like increased urination, sleeplessness, and a fast heartbeat.
- Cocoa can lead to allergic skin reactions, constipation, and may stimulate migraine headaches. s.
- Applying cocoa butter to the skin is also probably safe to a majority, though it can cause a rash.