Cranberry Seed Oil

Cranberries

What is Cranberry Seed Oil?

Cranberry, apart from being very nutritious and healthy when pressed into a juice, has a wide range of positive effects on our health issues; from common flu, eczema, to kidney stones, bladder diseases etc. It comes as no surprise that anything extracted from cranberry like cranberry seed oil should have more of such positive application. Cranberry seed oil is an essential oil that is extracted from cranberry seeds by cold pressing, and then cold filtering the seed through diatomaceous earth. Primarily made in the Americas, the oil is 100% natural and once extracted, has a shelf life of about 2 years. It costs a lowly 6 dollars, and so will be worth considering for all the following good reasons.

Properties

Cranberry seed oil is characterized by its fruity aroma, non-greasy feel and its slightly golden color. Nasal and visual goodness from the start. Cranberry seed oil is unique for its perfect omega-3 to an omega-6 ratio (1:1), essential fatty acids which have a very high anti-oxidant value (anti-oxidants in a nutshell: prevent aging, good for the heart). It also has a high and varied vitamin E content (tocopherols and tocotrienols). 70% of the oil is composed of fatty acid. The remaining 30% composition of the oil contains various amounts of vitamin A, phospholipids, phytosterols, and the minerals; iron, zinc, selenium, potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. All the composing properties of Cranberry seed oil make it the perfect gift from whichever skin diety/god that exists, as its range of application includes; antioxidant, antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, emollient, sunscreen, high protein source.

Benefits

Skin Care

The unique ratio of omega fatty acids coupled with its high vitamin E component means that the oil may actually be the most natural and effective skin care product for your skin. Its perfect omega acid balance and rating of 2 on the comedogenic scale makes it ideal for whatever skin type you have; dry, normal or oily. Its high fatty acid value permits long-lasting hydration, and leaves your skin highly absorbent, making it easy for anti-oxidants to carry out their role perfectly.

Anti-aging

Cranberry seed oil is probably one the world's best kept secrets to youthful and fresh looking skin, forget the fountain of youth, you’ve got this oil of youth. It’ll leave your cherished skin feeling smooth, firm and looking ever youthful. The Vitamin E content of the oil, alongside the fatty acids, are great skin nourishing agents and collagen boosters.

Natural Hair Care

Selenium and vitamin E are base ingredients in many hair care products. They nourish hair and prevent hair loss. In addition to the other oil components, they keep your hair shiny, moist, and dandruff free, and your scalp healthy.

Bye bye to Sunburns

Phytosterols in the oil are natural protective agents against UV rays and provide a lipid barrier that coats and nourishes your skin. No more sunburns and no more allocating a budget for commercial sunscreen. Just get the oil, go on vacation and bask in the glow.

Repair and Soothe

Why use sulfur (we know how greasy and thick-smelled that is), when you can feel skin smooth, smell nice, AND still repair and treat skin??. Skin conditions such as psoriasis, dry scaly skin, itchy skin, acne-prone skin, and eczema can all be helped by cranberry seed oil due to the presence of organic acids and flavonoids in its composition, which help fight irritation and inflammation.

The Natural Dentist

Essential oils are key ingredients in mouthwash solutions for their antibacterial and antifungal properties, so cranberry seed oil could be a perfect substitute for homemade mouthwash solutions.

Protein rich

Apart from being a treasure to your skin and hair, the oil is also high in protein and used in the preparation of diet products. It has anti-inflammatory properties as well and has been found to help in the reduction of cancer risk.

Healthy Strong Bones

Cranberry seed oil is a source of vitamin C and Calcium, which are good for bone growth and health.

Side effects

Cranberry seed oil is 100% natural and has no known side effects. It's just that healthy and safe!
  • The oil has its 50-50 chance of clothing and breakouts on oily skin. So in case of any skin allergy when using this oil on oily skin, stop immediately.

Precaution

  • People with nut allergies are generally advised to consult their doctors and dermatologist before use.
  • pregnant and lactating women are also advised to seek medical advice before use.