Good Bye, Blackheads! Simple Tips to Get Rid Of Blackheads
Fact: Blackheads are the worst. Anyone could get them, contrary to the popular belief that only people with oily skin can. They are not only annoying, they are like a hydra. You squeeze one out, another two takes its place. So, how do we get rid of blackheads for good?Answer: knowing what blackheads are and what is causing them is the first step, and an important one, in battling these pesky face invaders.
Blackheads are one of the most common acne forms. Blackheads are made of wax made of dead skin cells, bacteria, dirt, excess oil, and other debris. This wax fills the pores in your skin and blocks it. Because of this blockage in the pore, the skin glands cannot shed and dischargethe dead skin cells, oil, and dirt. As the wax plug gets pushed toward the surface of the skin, it is oxidized, thus giving it its signature black color.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads: The Dos and Don’ts
- DON’T When you have blackheads, the worst thing you can do is try to extract them using commercial pore strips and other DIY extraction methods. Picking, popping, and scratching any form of acne may be tempting, but it will do more harm than good. For instance, pore strips could remove natural oils and hair follicles that are beneficial for your skin. This could lead to more blackheads. Using professional-grade tools should also be left to the professionals to prevent scratches, wounds, and scars.
- DON’T sleep with your make up on. This one’s a no brainer. Cosmetic products clog the pores and cause the buildup of excess oils, dirt, and debris that result in blackheads.
- DON’Tuse benzoyl peroxide. Benzoyl peroxide is an anti-inflammatory substance and works great with inflammatory acne, cysts, and pustules. However, blackheads are not inflammatory and not cause by bacteria so benzoyl peroxide is not very useful.
- DO leave the extraction to the pros. To get rid of blackheads the right way, see your dermatologist for professional extraction. They will recommend a series of treatments and medications based on the severity of your issue and your skin type.
- DO e All natural and mineral scrubs have a gentle pulling action that exfoliates, detoxifies, and removes dirt and oil buildup on the skin; making your skin less prone to pore clogs and acne.
- DO use a mask. Masks are must-haves, especially for those with oily skin. Masks like mud, oatmeal, and charcoal masks can loosen and clean out clogged pores, draw out dead skin cells, excess oil, and other impurities, and lift away toxins and dirt.
- DO cleanse, tone, moisturize. Say adios to blackheads, acne, and other skin problems by following a proper and religious skin care regimen. This includescleansing, toning, and moisturizing with all-natural substances will do wonders for your skin.
Blackheads might be the worst but you can get rid of them. Say good bye to your skin’s biggest issue and get rid of blackheadswith these easy and simple steps.