It’s Not Complicated: The Effects of Vitamin C and Hyaluronic Acid on the Skin
Whoa. That sounds like a lot of science there. However, it’s not that complicated. What we need to know are the effects of vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid on the skin and that’s what we are here to find out. First, let’s break it down.
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word Vitamin C? If you are like most people, you are probably thinking that it is usually taken to boost immunity and prevent colds and cough. You are right. Vitamin C strengthens your immune system and is often found on citrus fruits such as oranges and lemons.
What about Hyaluronic acid? Most people have not even heard of this difficult-to-pronounce acid but you should probably get to know it better. Hyaluronic acid, after all, is reason why babies’ skins are soft and plump. It is a natural substance found in the skin which has the mind-blowing capability to draw and hold enormous amounts of moisture; making your skin look and feel healthy.
That sounds simple enough, but what actually are the effects of vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid?
- Vitamin C is a great provider and booster of collagen. Collagen is a vital part of the anti-aging process for it is responsible for making the skin elastic and firm, preventing the skin to “sink down” and sag. And as you age, the production of collagen slows down and the elasticity and firmness of your skin fade away. That is why Vitamin C is a good anti-aging nutrient.
- Hyaluronic acid keeps the skin moisturized. One of the main reasons the skin shows the appearance of aging is the depletion of moisture. Without moisture and hydration, the skin becomes dry and loses its firmness. That’s where the Hyaluronic acid comes in. The acid helps keep the skin moisturized and hydrated, maintaining its plumpness and firmness.
- Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid are good anti-aging treatments for the skin. The two work together in order for you to have that young-looking skin you’ve been longing for. Many beauty products and make-up have the two as ingredients so as to not damage your skin.
- Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid, combined, make a powerful and ultra effective formula that helps reduce visible fine lines and wrinkles, boost collagen production, clear brown spots, prevent further discoloration, keep skin firm, and even out skin tone.
- As a bonus, Vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid also helps to minimize pore, clear up acne and prevent breakouts, and diminish acne scars appearance; making your skin radiant and healthier.
Now that the effects of vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid had been discussed, it’s pretty safe to say that these are extremely helpful to attain that fresh, young, and glowing skin. The combination of the two makes a powerful solution for even the most severe skin problems. With vitamin C and Hyaluronic acid, it’s not complicated to get that youthful look.